Calling all Future Grill Masters!
Do you know some future grill masters? At the Smokin Blues & BBQ Festival, your kids can take center stage in their very own grilling competition!
In the words of Guy Fieri, “Cooking with kids is not just about ingredients, recipes and cooking. It’s about harnessing imagination, empowerment and creativity.”
It’s easy for your child to participate in the cook-off. Everything will be provided for them – small grill, charcoal, utensils, meat and seasonings.
They will be judged against others in their age bracket. The judges will taste the finished product and award trophies to the winners.
**Each Kids Que application includes admission for 1. Kids 12 and over, and their parent/guardian will also need general admission tickets.
Judges at last year’s cook-off were caught saying things like “WOW”, “those can’t be kid entries”, “that was amazing”….
- Kids Que will start promptly at 10:00 AM on Saturday the 20th, please arrive 30 minutes early.
- You must register on-line prior to the event.
- The cost is $25 and includes meat and all necessary supplies. The grill is yours to keep!
- One parent or guardian is required to be present with their child.
- There will be 15 spots available for ages 6 – 10 years old.
- There will be 15 spots available for ages 11 – 16 years old.